what's everyone feed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i feed cichlid pellets and algae wafers....what does everyone else feed there cichlids

i feed all my fish live BLACK worms every other day. all my fish ,including my gbr's, love them. also my shrimp eat them as well. really brings out the color and keeps them in top health. i also feed cichlid pellets, flake food, and algae wafers. i mix it up. i use about 4 different kinds of flake food. they like a bit of variety.

jpchin said:
i feed all my fish live BLACK worms every other day. all my fish ,including my gbr's, love them. also my shrimp eat them as well. really brings out the color and keeps them in top health. i also feed cichlid pellets, flake food, and algae wafers. i mix it up. i use about 4 different kinds of flake food. they like a bit of variety.

Do you keep mbuna!?

I feed new life spectrum thera a and nls wafers.

no i keep south american gbr's, dwarf gourami's, mollies, tetra's, and bumble bee cat fish. pretty much a community tank.

My cichlids eat Omega one pellets floating,tetra flakes sometimes and algae tablets. Just fed cucumber not to long ago. :) they like it all!

All my fish get my homemade food that I make in two different batches for different requirements:

garlic juice
peas
broccoli
shrimp
multi-vitamins
spirulina powder

for my africans: nothing else gets added

for everyone else: they get beefheart added to their batch.

I also use Tetra Crisps, frozen blood worms, frozen glass worms, frozen mysis shrimp, algae wafers, bottom feeder tabs, and dried seaweed.

I feed hikari cichlid gold atm. I would like to get a blend geared more toward mbuna but by the time I could order it and receive it I'm planning on trading or giving them away and starting a discus tank.

Back
Top Bottom