What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rare

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This week or next week if it all works out is when my fish will be home. First time cichlids for me & been taking time to get it right.

Pseudotropheus Saulosi, Labidochromis Caeruleus & Cynotilapia Afra Jalo Reef.

I would like to know what you are feeding them & how much are you feeding them. I have a general ideal but would like to know with the active members what they are feeding them. tks!

Just for others starting out with cichlids thought it will nice to give you an idea what I have been using and maybe others will chip in. If you see anything i might want to add or do feel free to say so. When I first got the fish I was using pellets for the first few day. The yellow labs & the king of the tank, 1 Jalo Reef were eating it all asap. The other groups did get their share but the very small Saulosi had trouble.

Fast forward today it's a different story. The Saulosi are very smart and are the first to eat which I'm glad cause of their size. They are grew very well & one that might be a male showing black on his fins is grewing very fast since I got him. They ride to the top and eat as others wait mid/bottom for picking. a few got smart and head to the top but little guys get their first.

First go, I was using pea, cucumber & they love it! I know did a new batch last night of pea, cucumber, baby spinch, garlic and even added a few pellets in the mix. Just made it last night so I will see how that goes. I will say garlic I can smell the garlic & only used 2 clove of garlics. Will be adding more vegs to their diet & also organic spirulina powder.

img1358m.jpg

When done mixing
img1360h.jpg

Frozen

img1365e.jpg

Out of the ice cube
img1367hp.jpg

Cut into bit for the week till i get a baby ice cube so I wont lose a finger..lol

img1368ge.jpg

Back
Top Bottom