Whats he doing is he sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pair of kribs and the male seems to be behaiving strange. Hes spent the last two days in front of (his) rock just being as still as possible and panting. He shows no signs of agression and his color is as bright as ever. He and the female seem to get along and dont realy bully their other tankmates. None of the other fish in the tank look sick or seem stressed in any way and there are no eggs in any of the (caves). So im tempted to think hes sick although he looks pretty healthy.
One more thing........................He didnt demonstrate any interest for food today,

What are your water parameters? When was the last water change and how much? I would do a 50% water change and make sure to add dechlorinator for starters and post some answers to the sticky at the beginning of the thread.

I havent tested my water in a while, about 2 weeks but I have been performing 50% water changes every 5 days for the past since and I add the recomemded amount of aquasafe dechlorinator every time. I have however been feeding bloodworms (frozen). about every 2 days. along with flakes.

Ouch sorry man. Is that him in your avatar? If so he was really a beatiful fish. I have a set of kribs and this thread made me wanna give em a big hug (if I could).

Do you have any ideas what it may be? Anything high or out of whack? How are your other fish doing?

Yeah that was him in my avatar..But again I have no idea what could have done him in except for maybe he couldhave eaten too much that day (the day he started behaving like that). I fed them bloodworms that day. Water parameters were fine that day as well.

Back
Top Bottom