What's more aggressive? JD? or Oscar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You also can try to reduce the agressifnes. By giving the oscar a hidding place so jd doint fit in his hiding place. My jd some times is after my yello but he has a good hidden place and jd can't get to him

I know it,s a pain in da [moderator edit], I change a lot in my tank. Because jd like,s to bug my other fish so I have a lot hidden places for them. I also have a green terror in my tank. But jd doint has eye for him. Tomorrow I wil make a nother film for my fish on YouTube brandyn9111

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew good. Where is the jd going? How big is the oscar? With a big oscar, it can still eat tankmates

LOL I wouldn't do that! I had mentioned earlier what fish I was removing. Guess you skipped that part! lol. The JD is going to remain in my 55. Idk dragon dude is talking about but I never had one in a 10 gallon with tetra's lol. Osconius the great is only about 5".

I know it,s a pain in da [moderator edit], I change a lot in my tank. Because jd like,s to bug my other fish so I have a lot hidden places for them. I also have a green terror in my tank. But jd doint has eye for him. Tomorrow I wil make a nother film for my fish on YouTube brandyn9111
Yeah that's pretty much what I do now, but I'd rather have the JD by himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jnthn932 said:
LOL I wouldn't do that! I had mentioned earlier what fish I was removing. Guess you skipped that part! lol. The JD is going to remain in my 55. Idk dragon dude is talking about but I never had one in a 10 gallon with tetra's lol. Osconius the great is only about 5".

Ok hahaha this is much better. And the tetras are in the 20 right?

Ok hahaha this is much better. And the tetras are in the 20 right?

Yeah. Tetra's and rams are in the 20. Leaving bala sharks, clown loaches, upside down catfish, and forgot to mention earlier, 7 inch BGK and angelfish in the 125. Now the plan is to put the Oscar in the 125.

Jnthn932 said:
Yeah. Tetra's and rams are in the 20. Leaving bala sharks, clown loaches, upside down catfish, and forgot to mention earlier, 7 inch BGK and angelfish in the 125. Now the plan is to put the Oscar in the 125.

Hmm, not sure how the angel will do....are there many caves for the BGK? He probably wont like the active oscar

Hmm, not sure how the angel will do....are there many caves for the BGK? He probably wont like the active oscar

He pretty much spends all his time in a hollow peice of driftwood. I only see him at night and thats rare. I was thinking the same thing, but I definitely can't put him with the JD. Decisions, decisions.

Hahaha it was funny but sorry my bad. I know how it goes with mix cichilds. You have to be lucky. Even when we have the rong fish toghter. Some times it works some times they doin,t so it wil keep you bizzy for a while. I do this for 4 years. As long they get to strest out.

Everyone is great! I have literally never had a problem. With anything! I've been very fortunate.

Actually, I take that back. One time about a year ago my heater broke and my water temp dropped to like 68 degrees overnight and I lost a few fish, but as fair as aggression and general health goes everything is good.

Well, that's good. I would just worry that adding in another aggressive animal might set off that balance. This would be a situation that you will have to closely watch how everyone is interacting.

Well, that's good. I would just worry that adding in another aggressive animal might set off that balance. This would be a situation that you will have to closely watch how everyone is interacting.

I definitely agree. It's just nerve racking trying to decide! My biggest concern is waking up one morning to find all of my other fish dead and Osconius just swimming around lol.

What is an "osconius"?

And I understand that. If I were in your shoes, I would look to rehome some of these guys. But, if you want the challenge, then I would be very, very careful over watching them.

I really hope you never wake up to that.

What is an "osconius"?

And I understand that. If I were in your shoes, I would look to rehome some of these guys. But, if you want the challenge, then I would be very, very careful over watching them.

I really hope you never wake up to that.
Osconius is the name my 10 year old brother gave to my oscar lol. Sorry I didn't clarify. I'm going to be. I honestly think that because the tank is so large they will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom