Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #1

What's the best food for Cichlids

I usually use Tetra Cichlid or Wardley's Advanced Nutrition....are there any brands better?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #2

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

There are load's of better brands than those, New Life Spectrum, Omege One, Dainchi, Hikari, and Ken's would be my top five in that order.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUKIT
There are load's of better brands than those, New Life Spectrum, Omege One, Dainchi, Hikari, and Ken's would be my top five in that order.
Thanks, haven't ran across those brands...how does the brands you mentioned benefit them (color, growth, etc.)
Old 07-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
5x5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

I am now using New Life Spectrum (Cichid Pellets) and Omega One (Algae supplement) exclusively. I've read a bit of material on food and those two brands are consistently praised for their nutritional value.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #5

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seryiouz View Post
Thanks, haven't ran across those brands...how does the brands you mentioned benefit them (color, growth, etc.)
Color and growth are excellent and you won't find better than the ones listed above, but personally long term health is more important to me that the first two. I use New Life Spectrum for everything from oscars to plecos. Petco sells NLS and Petsmart sells Omega One so either should be easily obtained depending on where your located. I order all my foods online due to the quantity I use.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

i feed with nutra max spirulina flake 3 times a day and newlife spectrum cichlid pellet once. ive also heard that feeding them veggies can be helpful but i havnt tried that one yet.

Tags
cichlid, cichlids, food, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com