What's the best food for Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are load's of better brands than those, New Life Spectrum, Omege One, Dainchi, Hikari, and Ken's would be my top five in that order.

HUKIT said:
There are load's of better brands than those, New Life Spectrum, Omege One, Dainchi, Hikari, and Ken's would be my top five in that order.

Thanks, haven't ran across those brands...how does the brands you mentioned benefit them (color, growth, etc.)

I am now using New Life Spectrum (Cichid Pellets) and Omega One (Algae supplement) exclusively. I've read a bit of material on food and those two brands are consistently praised for their nutritional value.

Thanks, haven't ran across those brands...how does the brands you mentioned benefit them (color, growth, etc.)

Color and growth are excellent and you won't find better than the ones listed above, but personally long term health is more important to me that the first two. I use New Life Spectrum for everything from oscars to plecos. Petco sells NLS and Petsmart sells Omega One so either should be easily obtained depending on where your located. I order all my foods online due to the quantity I use.

i feed with nutra max spirulina flake 3 times a day and newlife spectrum cichlid pellet once. ive also heard that feeding them veggies can be helpful but i havnt tried that one yet.

Back
Top Bottom