Whats with the up and down swimming?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've heard of Malawi fish going back and forth, back and forth, but a few of my peacocks (3 or 4 out of 18) are going up and down, up and down, with their noses on the glass, all the way to the sand, and then all the way to the top, give or take a few inches. It's night time and I've got the blue led light on right now. Earlier today I removed the filter outlet bar that had been running along just above the sand on this glass. Could they be freaked out by the slight change in scenery?

Perhaps to them the change was big and they are reassessing their surroundings and space calculations

They seemed to have calmed down this morning.

Cichlid behavior is so fun to watch!

They were probably just curious about the change is all. Blue lighting doesn't tend to produce enough of a reflection in the glass for them to see a proper reflection, and if your room lights were on then it would have been brighter outside than in and there wouldn't have been a reflection at all. The more inquisitive fish will always check out any changes you make in the tank. My clowns love it when I rearrange things a bit.

Cichlid behavior is so fun to watch!

This moment for me wasnt.

Feeding the group yesterday & first time one of the hai reef (Bob Marley) attacked Ps. saulosi. ( went to grab Bob Marley's food) Let me let me rephrase that he had him in a locked jaw like a dogs with rag doll. I put my hand in & the hand tapping the glass and he let go. Little man saulosi like a soilder was swimming with one fin,(still there) but was okay. This morning I checked on him and he was swimming with both find and no problem.

Yep! Was keeping a close eye on him for 20mins. Gload he made out okay even colored up a bit

Back
Top Bottom