What's wrong with my Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your not actually treating the fish when you put the medication in your actually killing the (baby ich) as the adults only survive for around 48 hours.dont overdose with salt and medicine and higher tank temperatures as you may lose your fish that.patience is key it can take a week or too for it too clear up.and treat the whole tank as the larvae float around the tank and then attach themselves so removing the fish won't solve your problem.
Hope that helps a little

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your not actually treating the fish when you put the medication in your actually killing the (baby ich) as the adults only survive for around 48 hours.dont overdose with salt and medicine and higher tank temperatures as you may lose your fish that.patience is key it can take a week or too for it too clear up.and treat the whole tank as the larvae float around the tank and then attach themselves so removing the fish won't solve your problem.
Hope that helps a little

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ich doesn't die within 48 hours, it depends what stage of its lifecycle it's in. If the Ich is in the later stage of their lifecycle, then they could die within 48 hours, if they're in the reproductive stage then it'll be longer. There are also studies that showed some strains of Ich whose lifespan expands to months. The point of raising the temperature is to speed up their lifecycle and the salt is to make the tank inhabitable for them. Those are the 2 natural ways to do it and avoid chemicals altogether. The key to the procedure is raising the temp slowly rather than spiking it, which is the same case for the salt.

Back
Top Bottom