whats your preferred filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was told it was at least a month before I could remove my ac30 and let my ac70 run solo....is it really only two weeks?

Actually, when you do a PWC, if you take the two sponges and massage them together in the old tank water I imagine it would be a very quick process.

If I need water sounds I'll build a waterfall for my dart frogs.

I like canisters because its easier to hide equipment with them as well.

However my overall favorite has to be sponge filters they make having dozens of tanks affordable since they are dirt cheap and cost very little to run compared to other filters.

Not the best mechanical filtration, but that's o.k. I have a gravel vac .

Aqua clear for HOBs.
Fluval for canister.
I have used the Rena xps before as well as the HOT brand. I would buy another Rena xp but not too happy about the HOT set up. It clogs too quickly.

I currently run
2 Marineland 400s
2 Fluval 405s
1 Fluval 105
1 Fluval FX5
1 AC 70
1 AC 20
1 Tetra whisper

I also picked up a HOB protein skimmer for my 180. Not necessary for cichlids but I run it purely for bio load so I can "scrub" my canisters at will.

I too have noticed this. I wonder if Marineland makes them under a different label for Walmart.

I found this out a couple of years ago, I still run 6 Penguin 150's along with sponge filters in my fry tanks of larger fish and a pack of three is $5.46 and over $10 at Petsmart.

Back
Top Bottom