When is it going to happen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Now I have owned fish mainly Africans for over a year have 4 holdings and all successful !! I have noticed nesting holes all over the tank but no ones holding yet. My thing is there are a few parts of my rock formation that are flat so why are they still nesting ?? Or is that normal still ??

I found that rocks higher up are better(like 4 inches from the water) and used more and put the temp at 80 degrees, I have some that breed on a power head, others that like a couple rocks, as I said they seem to like them higher up, dont know if thats a trick but my fish prefer it.

No I breed fish like I have a full function up and running breeders tank 10 gallon I put te female in that !!!

Those are pictures of my tank I deff have enough hiding places !!!!!

nice looking tank. Sorry call me stupid but what's your question then? I'm sorry maybe in not understanding what your looking for advice on.

That i have seen my cichlids make nests and seen them breed successfully. My question is why the nesting but no holdings yet is there a reason for that ??

How old is the female that tried to breed? She may have just accidently swallowed them or she spit them out in something

No the female that have held in the past has been successfully produced 20 or more fry all 4 times I've just never seen they nest so many different places and no pregnancy yet that's all I was asking if that is normal

Idk if they have mated already it's weird one pair mated twice already it's just weird

Have they spawned all those times right in a row? Idk if fish do this or not but maybe it's like a false pregnancy. I know some fish make like test nests trying to find the best and safest spot to lay there eggs. Maybe they haven't found that spot yet.

maybe thats it yeah it was in a row and second there are multipe females in the tank maybe more nests for different females

Back
Top Bottom