Where to sell fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishkeeper26

Aquarium Advice Addict
Recently some of my L. Brevis have bred, and I contacted my lfs and put up a classified. However neither have sparked much interest, so does anyone know of anywhere else I could sell them? The fry keep getting bigger and I dont have the room to support all of them.

I emailed my lfs about donating last week, and still haven't gotten a response. And they usually respond in under a day, so I'm assuming that'll be a no. But thanks for the site!!!

Shipping via priority to most places in the US is under $10 depending on weight. Packages with stuff like fry typically weigh very little, but if they reach a general threshold weight of a few lbs then you could always use a medium flat rate box for $11. Just giving some ideas.

I had looked at flat rates, and they're definately the cheapest but is 1-3 days in the mail ok?

When packaged right they will be fine, I've had very few casualties using flat rate. I'll also include a heat pack or cooler pack depending on time of year. Shipping fish is not hard, but in all honesty my first couple shipments did not go very smooth. But after learning from my mistake there's been no issue for years, but I still recommend overnight.

Fishkeeper26 said:
Pennsylvania

Where at in pa? Just got rid of my tropicals in my 55 and have been tossing ideas of other cichlids.... These are one of interest :) I'm in Pittsburgh...

How much? Also where would I get shells for them? ( or kind looking for) so I can get their habitat ready. I'll read up on them as well.

I've used large hermit crab shells, I recently bought escargot shells. The hermit crab shells are much bigger, but i think the escargot shells work (I bought a box of thirty off of amazon). As far as price its not really a big deal, as long as I don't loose money from shipping. So maybe 3-5$? If that's not unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom