white electric blue jack dempsey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Waffle toaster

Aquarium Advice Regular
i just bought an electric blue jack dempsey cichlid, and it was a very beautiful electric blue color, like it's supposed to be. i loved watching it, but after a while, i noticed that it's color was a little lighter than before. i went to do some other thing, and when i check on him a few hours later, he was no longer blue, but instead he was white! is this normal, and will his colors turn back? he was alot prettier when he was blue.

What color is your substrate. He could be stressed from transfer or he is trying to blend in if your substrate is a light color

Fish are prey animals so they will become pale if the substrate is light in color. I'd add black sand or gravel

If it looks almost like black gravel it's worth a try. Take a picture before you add it

Mine did that a few times after Introducing him to the tank, but he came right out of it, and looks awesome now. Check out my profile pic's under South Americans :)

Yours looks gorgeous! Anyway, he colored up a little bit over night, and here's some pics of him this morning.

image-510173468.jpg

image-957161615.jpg

image-3080503244.jpg

I think he colored up a little because it was so dark at night.

Sorry the tank's so cloudy. For some reason it got cloudy right as I put the water in, I think the gravel had something weird in it, and the gravel was very sandy.

Back
Top Bottom