Why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This guy seems to be hanging around the top if the tank and

image-1384831978.jpg

image-678122099.jpg

Most of my fish seem like there mouths are really active. Is that normal, maybe they are hungry or something. What do you all think?

Do you have a test kit for tank. Your Amonia/ Nitrite/ Nitrate could be high, and that's stressing them out. They will act like they are breathing heavy.

Do you have a bubbler, and which fish are doing it cause I have a German Blue Ram that does the same thing with the rapid breething and shes been fine for a bout 2 weeks.

I did a 25% water change Sunday ANC I have two power heads. I opened the valves to let some bubbles in to see if it will help.

I would test your parameters and agitate the surface more and see if that helps. You can bring down the level of water in tank so the filter hits the water harder breaking the surface more.

You need to test your water! Bubbles aren't going to do anything. Except add oxygen.

I'll have it tested tomorrow after work

The bubbles themselves passing through the water column do not directly airate the water its the surface aggitation that allows the gas exchange as pointed out by Convict...also aggree that testing your parameters is a must,do yourelf a favor & post your results so's we can offer up some advice..good luck

My ammonia was a little high and on the Internet it said it might be new tank syndrome. I had a female that was holding let her fry out for a minute today so I font know if I should try to correct it or let the tank cycle. Also I seem some bacteria in s bottle that's suppose to help with the ammonia. What do y'all think about that ?

If your tanks already been set up a few weeks I wouldn't worry about bottled bacteria, just keep testing and do regular water changes until cycled.

king773 said:
Do you have a bubbler, and which fish are doing it cause I have a German Blue Ram that does the same thing with the rapid breething and shes been fine for a bout 2 weeks.

In my experience with Rams, rapid breathing usually results in death after a few days to a few weeks - you might want to check the water in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom