Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Why does my Krib pick on my Firemouth

I introduced another firemouth a couple days ago and my krib doesn't seem too happy. He chases him around a little, nothing bad or anything. This is the second firemouth in the tank, my krib always got along with the first one, but doesn't seem to happy about the second one. Any thoughts?

Old 12-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

First thing, when dealing with cichlids, think of them all as hoodlums. Each and every one of them. So, when you think of them like that, then you start to realize that just because they get along with one fish, that doesn't mean they will with the next fish, even though it's the same as the first. They don't even always get along with their own species, much less mixing different species.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish71 View Post
First thing, when dealing with cichlids, think of them all as hoodlums. Each and every one of them. So, when you think of them like that, then you start to realize that just because they get along with one fish, that doesn't mean they will with the next fish, even though it's the same as the first. They don't even always get along with their own species, much less mixing different species.
I figured this was the reason. Just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong or anything!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com