Why does my Krib pick on my Firemouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I introduced another firemouth a couple days ago and my krib doesn't seem too happy. He chases him around a little, nothing bad or anything. This is the second firemouth in the tank, my krib always got along with the first one, but doesn't seem to happy about the second one. Any thoughts?

First thing, when dealing with cichlids, think of them all as hoodlums. Each and every one of them. So, when you think of them like that, then you start to realize that just because they get along with one fish, that doesn't mean they will with the next fish, even though it's the same as the first. They don't even always get along with their own species, much less mixing different species.

First thing, when dealing with cichlids, think of them all as hoodlums. Each and every one of them. So, when you think of them like that, then you start to realize that just because they get along with one fish, that doesn't mean they will with the next fish, even though it's the same as the first. They don't even always get along with their own species, much less mixing different species.

I figured this was the reason. Just wanted to make sure I didn't do something wrong or anything!

Back
Top Bottom