why does my salvini hide all the time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
First off all tank parameters are great&the salvini shows no signs of disease or marks from aggression..any input would be appreciated..thx

What size tank is this and what are the other inhabitants? Full stock list will help the most

75g planted,ele blue jack dempsey,green terror,foremouth,pike,bristlenose&zebra danios..have not witnessed any aggression towards the salvini by any of the fish although he's the newest addition(2months)..

Well I found out why my salvini was hiding,must have been suffering from an internal parasite as I found em stuck to one of the powerheads...sad day! Will be watching others very closely..

Well I found out why my salvini was hiding,must have been suffering from an internal parasite as I found em stuck to one of the powerheads...sad day! Will be watching others very closely..

This is unfortunately very common with newly aquired new world cichlids, the best way to combat this is to QT for 3-4 weeks while treating them with metronidazole and praziquental.

Back
Top Bottom