Why is my sand in my 10gallon tank so dirty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hippy guy said:
Well we tried that, but he seems to want to do it anyways. Again i called his ACTIONS dumb, i in know way can vouvh for the intelligence of him as a person.
You people are so sensitive.
Kid. Go for the guppy setup. Regardless of how many you wana put in there, how many babies they will pop out, and the fact that your tank still hadnt been cycled. Your doing just fine, and your setup looks perfecto
On a side note, your a wonderful person, and i appreciate you
Now back to my good forums, this one is overrun with kids on their parents cell phones

Again show a quote where i called the kid himself stupid?
Thought so

Actually i got on this forum, and others before taking live animals into my care.
I wouldnt just go out and buy a crocodile, id research first. Just because fish are small doesnt exempt them from this rule, and its like everyday on every forum there are millions of kids doing this.

I think this thread has gone on too long and should've closed as it's gone off topic and turned into a circus.

The point is that this kid doesn't know any better, he doesn't know how fast they breed he doesn't know why we are telling him to get all males, it's perfectly fine to get more information as to why it's not a good idea. Personally if he really wants to breed them then fine, it is his choice, he can always trade in the females later on when it's gets to be too much. It's just recommend that he gets all males to avoid that trouble. No need to attack him and say he is making a dumb decision, right? Right.

To let every one know I'm going with crabs and shrimp every thing else is to hard:( or I might get a pair of mollies:/

Just notifying evry one in this fourm i brought back all my fish

Don't give up. Just read up and get a bigger tank if you can there are plenty of us that will give truthful but helpful advice. You can message me if you need .

Ukdans1k said:
Don't give up. Just read up and get a bigger tank if you can there are plenty of us that will give truthful but helpful advice. You can message me if you need .

I probably will and you where one of the first ones that helped me thanks:D

Everyone learns somewhere and many of us will try and advise you on the right path. Don't let people discourage you from the hobby. I think in time and a few learning experiences you'll do fine. I think if you went with a snail a few nano fish such as chili rasboras or celestial pearl danios and maybe a group of 5 Pygmy corydoras I think you would have a nice tank. A liquid test kit will do wonders for you and your fish. Even if you start out with just one species and accumulate over time you'll progress nicely. Just do water changes every 3-4 days about 20% each time and your tank will be a happy place.

If your ever in doubt you can pm myself or anyone else that you feel comfortable asking and I'm sure it won't be a problem. We've all made mistakes and as h those are the trials of life

yes with dividers, but surleys thats more like seperate tanks. was you not refering to the possiblity of not using dividers, like plants alone would stop them ever meeting and fighting.????? any how still dont belive you have never made a mistake either with tank mates, or anything. epecially when you started out.

No i have not, i understand nature, and that if you take it from nature, you must, i repeat MUST, take proper steps to prive accordingly.
And do you think there are dividers in the rivers edges and strams where they live (i bet you thought they lived in puddles?! Right?)
No, they dont. Its ok if a fish pecks once or twice, they do that in community setups, the problem is when you have 5 aggresive males in a 10 gal, there is no territory lines to establish.
Same deal with aggresive cichlids, if you provide the space you can house them together, and alot of people do (keep in mind cichlids are way more aggressive than bettas)
If you break line of sight enough (heavy plants and deco) than its fine, just make sure there is still swimming room and territory to establish.
I wouldnt put 6 males in a 90 gal or anything, but 2 could work, with all sorts of other fish, its all about territory, but had you researched youd get that

Last edited by a moderator:
To the ORIGINAL POSTER I think shrimp is a great idea, if you are interested in watching them breed go with red cherry shrimp, you can still add guppies with them if you want, or other fish. I dont know any information about crabs but I do know that they are hard to care for and require more then any average fish. Why don't you start a new thread with some different stocking ideas that you have? And then we can decide on something! Hopefully nobody rude will comment this time, this is a really great forum and most people on here are really helpful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom