Wich fish to buy first?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Freak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I posted a thread on my stocking plans for my 40g tank. I have now decided on the fish I will have in it They are going to be:
1 Angel
2 Bolivian Rams
5 Corys
12 Black Neon Tetras
O.k now right now I have 1 angel,1 Bolivian Ram, And 1 Cory. Wich fish should I buy next. I'm getting them tommorow. I was thinking getting 6 Black Neons and 1 or 2 Corys. Would this be to many fish to purchase at one time? I want to get some Corey's so my lonely one doesn't have to live another 2 weeks alone. Also would the Black Neons be O.K. with only a school of six for 2 weeks?
Thank you everybody For all the help also you are probably finding me anoying asking all these questions :oops:
Thanks everyone again your all really helpful :D

I think I may have mentioned in your previous thread that the neons will eventually become food for the Angel. I can't recall what the substitute choices were but I'd really reconsider them.

The order of introduction should be: Tetras (half at a time), bolivian ram, the Angel and the cories last.

I think I may have mentioned in your previous thread that the neons will eventually become food for the Angel. I can't recall what the substitute choices were but I'd really reconsider them.
Yeah thats what I was thinking..

Oh sorry Jchillin. I thought that I could keep Black Neons with the angels since they were bigger woops. Well I guess I 'll put the angel in our other tank. I love Black Neons and wouldn't want them to get ate. Sorry again. And thanks everyone else for the help to.

I really thought black neons got big enough so that wouldn't be an issue. :? I've never kept them myself though, so take it with a grain of salt I guess. If you do decide to add them, a school of 6 will be fine indefinitely so it doesn't matter how soon you add the others.

I think adding the tetras with a couple of corys would be ok, just make sure you do an extra water change so your bio filter can handle the new load. :D

Black neons are quite beefy, not at all like the blue/red neons we are so familiar with, so I don't think they would be a problem at all in this tank.

You can stock like Severum suggested, or add just the tetras, wait two weeks and then add the corys. I like for tank conditions to be very stable for cory cats. Be sure the substrate is smooth to protect their barbels, and also keep excess debris off the substrate to protect them from illness.

Sounds like a great tank setup!

Back
Top Bottom