Wigglers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonit

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, my angelfish laid eggs on the intake tube of my filter, so I let them watch the eggs for two days... I was planning on taking them out when they became wigglers, but mom started getting hungry and ate 80% of the eggs, just as the tails emerged... I yanked the tube when I got home and put it in a cycled bare bottom 10 gallon tank at 84 degrees. That night they started wiggling! The problem is, most of them fell off the intake tube and ended up on the tank bottom.... along with crud from the tube. I vacuumed the bottom, so it looks clean, but the wigglers got stuck in some of the crud. My question is, will they make it even if the are piled together in a heap that contains this crud? What should I do?

they might ... you need to 'cook' up some infusoria and daphina for them to eat pretty soon

also, strained eggyolk works good too I've hear ... cook egg so it's a little runny and then wrap the yolk in a cloth and squeeze a small bit out

it makes a real mess though - you'd need to do regular water changes - run lots of carbon in your filters and change it often to keep the water as clean as possible.

Back
Top Bottom