wil a big peacock african cichlid eat the others?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sook9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
the other day i saw this huge peacock cichlid of about 20 cm but i was not sure of buying him because i have another peacock cichlid but hes a little small about 10-13 cm

my question is will he chase down the other peacock? who lives in peace with a group of mbunas

also i have a zebra who is about 13 cm will the zebra be afraid of him or he will try to put his dominance on this big peacock?

i believe the other mbunas who are quitte small will out run the bigger fish

my tank is 65 gallons-120/50/40

It is unlikely that it would be able to fit it in it's mouth to eat it with that size difference.

There is no real way to answer the aggression issue without trying it. It definitely has the potential to disrupt your seemingly happy existing community though.

Are the peacocks the same color?

It is unlikely that it would be able to fit it in it's mouth to eat it with that size difference.

There is no real way to answer the aggression issue without trying it. It definitely has the potential to disrupt your seemingly happy existing community though.

Are the peacocks the same color?

my current peacock is all blue but the peacock i saw has a bright yellow color like he lost some color from the stress i guess hes a yellow peaock but he looks exactly like mine in shape

It all depends on the tank. He may leave it alone or the one you currently have will stress him to death.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It all depends on the tank. He may leave it alone or the one you currently have will stress him to death.

i don't think my peacock will try to fight with him since i think this peacock the one on the store double his size but i may be worried with the dominad fish in the tank a large kenyi the peacock still double his size but i am still worry the kenyi will chase him to death

That's possible and its usually not recommended to keep peacocks and haps with mbuna

Back
Top Bottom