wild apisto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
Woo I just won a pair of this guys offspring! This is the father the pair I'm getting are 4 months old. Picking them up in the am.

974C48FE-4E56-419B-9D55-46ADF259E89C-5836-00000273CDCD6F35.jpg

I'm picking them up before work then as soon as there adjusted to my water I'm haulin but to work so I will be posting some when I get home from work.

Last edited:
$16 for the pair I feel like I got a deal! Plus there F1 so that's a plus. Aquabid finally came through. And I'm getting the dominant male out of the group. There going in my planted 20 with a dwarf gourami, 4 panda loaches, a dozen rummy nose tetras, 3 asassin snails and random pond snails.

The picture is of a wild caught apistogramma cacatuoides "peacock cichlid" I'm getting a pair from his first batch of babies with a wild caught female. I'm getting the dominant male and whichever female the breeder says seems like a good candidate.

Here's a picture from live aquaria of one that's fully colored.

p-89437-Double-Full-Red-Co.jpg

Wooo finally got picked them up just now have them drip aclimating will update pics in my thread planted 20 build that's where there going into.

ForumRunner_20130709_141432.jpg

ForumRunner_20130709_141923.jpg

Very nice father is impressive looking. I bid on a few on aquavit but ended up never winning. (Stupid Mac) I do have some wc blue rams that should be here tomorrow.

Make sure to get them onto flakes as soon as you can! They are truly stunning! When I get my six apistogramma agassizi fire reds I will defo share pics! I love apisto's, we need to start up a apisto's thread :)

I already feed the tank there in New Life Spectrum 0.5mm small fish formula wich I'm hoping will be good. Please do shareThere about 1/2" long and about 4 months old the guy I got them from lives local so I met up with him qt a petsmart in between us so I could skip shipping charges he isw a nice guy. I bet the employees there were all like seriously....

Very cool, your tank is beautiful love the plant choice. They will surely be happy in there. Take some more pictures in a day or so and their colors will be ridiculous

Mabey we can get a mod to change the title to something like Let's see those Apistos! And turn this into a thread showing off videos and pics of everyone's apistos.

The nls is plenty good. I feed mine 1mm Cichlid but they are a little bigger. They aren't the most coordinated or at least mine aren't often times food floats pass them and they miss it do I Feed some flakes as well

Mabey we can get a mod to change the title to something like Let's see those Apistos! And turn this into a thread showing off videos and pics of everyone's apistos.

I have a "new apsitos" thread we can transform I will send it to the top with some new pictures

Very cool, your tank is beautiful love the plant choice. They will surely be happy in there. Take some more pictures in a day or so and their colors will be ridiculous

If they come out I will. My phone does better videos than pictures but my ex is a photographer and I told her to bring her camera next time she comes over so I can get some good pics of all my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom