will a male convict her along with a female firemouth in a 30 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Be extremely cautious a male convict gets to be 6" and a fire mouth 6-8" two males would tear each other apart in a 30 when full grown not enough territory also of you do male or female mix there have been cases of them cross breeding so that's also an issue and most of your cichlid gurus on here will put a hex on you if you allow cross breeding because we need to keep the blood lines pure. I would only consider a male con and a male meeki in a 55 nothing smaller IMO.

Be extremely cautious a male convict gets to be 6" and a fire mouth 6-8" two males would tear each other apart in a 30 when full grown not enough territory also of you do male or female mix there have been cases of them cross breeding so that's also an issue and most of your cichlid gurus on here will put a hex on you if you allow cross breeding because we need to keep the blood lines pure. I would only consider a male con and a male meeki in a 55 nothing smaller IMO.

I have a breeding pair of convicts and depending on what sex my firemouth is I'm going to replace one of the convicts and put it in my other tank... but you think a male convict and a female firemouth will work?

It'll work but like I said there are reports of them cross breeding and having babies forming hybrids half meeki half convict this is a HUGE NONO in the cichlid community and is greatly FROWNED UPON however this is america and your free to do as you wish

I'm actually wanting to cross breed... I'm not planning on releasing or selling... I just want them for me and my brother... I'm a responsible person,I know what to do and not to do when it comes to dealing with hybrids... thank you

It'll work but like I said there are reports of them cross breeding and having babies forming hybrids half meeki half convict this is a HUGE NONO in the cichlid community and is greatly FROWNED UPON however this is america and your free to do as you wish

Nobody complained when they made a blood parrot lol... those things are everywhere

Yea well if two fish will breed together apparently they know more about natural then we do after all were all hybrids any way a little German a little Indian a little English a little Scottish Lol as long as you Dont sell them back into the market and only keep them for your personal tank I say screw it let em get some lol

Yea well if two fish will breed together apparently they know more about natural then we do after all were all hybrids any way a little German a little Indian a little English a little Scottish Lol as long as you Dont sell them back into the market and only keep them for your personal tank I say screw it let em get some lol

Finally someone that thinks like me! lol.. I really have the best intentions... im not trying to harm the fish community,I just want a dang hybrid lol..

Back
Top Bottom