Will i lose my cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeISright

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys as some of you know all of my fish (all three) in my 55gallon have died. The last death was saturday and am waiting a week to put anything in but i will then be gone till the next saturday. So total time of having no fish will be 2 weeks. What will happen to the cycling that has been finished for a while?

Without a steady supply of ammonia you will lose bb. The real question is why did your fish die?

How can i supply a steady amount of ammonia. And internal parasites that i could not seem to cure.

mikeISright said:
How can i supply a steady amount of ammonia. And internal parasites that i could not seem to cure.

If you aren't 100% sure of what the cause was I think it would be best to break the whole tank down and clean everything.

You can use actual pure ammonia. You can use a fresh shrimp. You can use flake fish food.

Feed it with a pinch of fish food and then just keep your test kit handy to see that your numbers are keeping steady. Add food as necessary.

Also I'd give it a nice 90% water change before adding new fish. That way you'll remove all the built up nitrates as well as clear out any other dissolved solids.

5x5 said:
Also I'd give it a nice 90% water change before adding new fish. That way you'll remove all the built up nitrates as well as clear out any other dissolved solids.

+1. It is always recommended after a cycling process to do a massive water change.

Back
Top Bottom