Will my 3x2x2 tank be ok to house malawi's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidkeeper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, just after some info, I've just read on another forum that a 3ft tank wouldn't be big enough for adult malawi's, is this true? Was hoping to get started on the setting up this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That would be the weirdest shaped 90 I've ever seen. Are you sure those are the dimensions, because that makes no sense to me really

Yeah sorry, typo, it's 3ft x 2ft x 3ft, I think, you have me questioning myself now lol.

That makes it even weirder, not more normal....the only time I see tanks like that are rimless reef tanks and the generally are never 2' nor 3' tall

Lol I'll measure it when u get home but pretty sure, it's 3ft left to right, 2ft back to front and 3ft top to bottom, it's a sumped tank that I used for marine before I shut it down. I'll try find a pic if I can.

View attachment 256262

This is the tank ?

That is an incredibly oddly shaped tank but it for sure is 100% not acceptable for Malawi Cichlids.
If you do want cichlids though, Angelfish will work out perfectly for that tank. The very very high dimensions are just what Angelfish love!

Back
Top Bottom