Will my tank survive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.
Wrong diet 100% veggie diet and too active of a fish for Fronts. They are best in large groups of 10+. Some would more than that is better. They just aren't a good community fish.

Thanks termite. Not trying to be resistive just like explanations. Just like your answer. Thanks. So how much room do tropheus need.

Oblivion said:
i was thinking it looks like my maingano's, but theyre both related anyway and im not sure of the exact difference between them

Thanks. It sure is a Melanochromis "maigano" cyaneorhabdos. Appreciate the I'd.

Well, there ya go. You got me trying to learn more fish names. I was going to say they all look the same at first but there is a distinctive difference between some of them, not quite sure what it is but it's there.

MPIMBWE frontosa-5 about 1.5 to 2 inch: needs atleast a 125-180, so no.
Clown loach-4 about 1 to 2 inch: needs atleast 125 as they get big but they do have slow growth.
Flowerhorn- 2 about 2 inch: NONO, FH will take out any fish you have, plus there hybreds. and aggresive big time!
Parrot-1 about 2 inch: hybred, and some mix with africans but i dont recomand it.
Electric yellow- 1 about 2 inch: they like a group of atleast 6 with 1 male 5 females.
And this blue striped African cichlids: cant pin point what it is. but it would do good with a group of 6, 1 male 5 females.

answers in black.

JB_convict_breeder said:
MPIMBWE frontosa-5 about 1.5 to 2 inch: needs atleast a 125-180, so no.
Clown loach-4 about 1 to 2 inch: needs atleast 125 as they get big but they do have slow growth.
Flowerhorn- 2 about 2 inch: NONO, FH will take out any fish you have, plus there hybreds. and aggresive big time!
Parrot-1 about 2 inch: hybred, and some mix with africans but i dont recomand it.
Electric yellow- 1 about 2 inch: they like a group of atleast 6 with 1 male 5 females.
And this blue striped African cichlids: cant pin point what it is. but it would do good with a group of 6, 1 male 5 females.

answers in black.
Thanks. I am in the process of setting up a 300 gallon tank it's going in my enclosed patio. The parrot is rehomed. He actually was quite retarded looking. The frontosas actually are quite comfortable around the FH there all about three inches now. The loaches keep to themselves and eat what they all spit out. The odd men out is the electric yellow and the mangaino. But the mangaino is so pretty, he is the tank boss now. I will be doing some juggling. I have a 55 gallon with 6 troph and a calvus and stateacranus. The thing is everyone is very healthy and happy NOW. I will be doing some rearranging. If I can train pits to get along and people than the fish thing should be a breeze.

Last edited by a moderator:
"The frontosas actually are quite comfortable around the FH there all about three inches now"

The Flowerhorn needs to be on his own in a 55g - 75g, depending on what strain he is. He will snap one day and you will find aa half eaten fish. I know mine found a loach that I had missed when re homing his original tank's inhabitants. He actually ripped him to pieces.

If I can train pits to get along and people than the fish thing should be a breeze.

You can't train fish to get along, their behavior, aggression, and instincts is from thousands of years of surviving and breeding in the wild. There is a huge difference in capability to learn in dogs/people over fish, your naive if you think this will work.

Lets keep this civil folks. Any more bickering and this thread will be closed.

Anyways thanks you all. I will be making some moves including putting killer in his own tank. I will put him(flowerhorn) in my indoor heated pool, just kidding. He will get an adequate tank.

Several warnings have been given and yet rude and off topic replies continue to show up. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom