Wooo I got my new Discus :) (with pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well went to the store and bought the 4 discus. The owner of the store informed me off dancing between the two medium sized discus. Any way I got them home and put them in the tank floating in there bag. I sat and watched there colours change from the dark coating to there normal colours and saw 2 shaking. I thought maybe my water is cooler than the stores lol. But after keeping cichlids before I began to think that this is courtship i.e. "Dancing" could this be true ?

*My discus are fine and are currently seem to enjoy there new home"

Sorry I can't answer you question, but congratulations! Can you post some pics?

Is it normal for them to be staying in a corner together and not to be interested in food. I have only had them for about 2 hours. 8) lol

Fluff .... I am not sure on age but they have been in the lfs for about 2 monthes. Not many people in my area keep discus. Any way the size's of the fish are approximatly
2 inches in diameter. In height the largest is about 3 inches, and the rest are about 2 / 2 .5 I am trying to get some pic's now.

Let BrianNY confirm this but I think they are to young to be "courting". Also, I wouldn't be to concerned about them huddling in the corner. It will probably take them a few days to get comfortable with their new surroundings. Nice looking fish. :D

btw they are now eating (a full block of frozen bloodworm allready) they are now also swimming about :D 8)
I am just waiting for BrianNY to come on line to see what he says about this "courtship stuff" lol

:D Great looking discus Steven. I'm sure the best thing that could happen to those fish was you buying them. I've noticed my discus "shake" from time to time. I don't know what causes it and I don't know why they do it. I suspect it's just an involuntary action and nothing to do with spawning. It's certainly nothing to worry about. :wink:

Thank you, The discus are begging for more food they are as bad as my puffer's lol. There swimming about and are doing great. 8)

Back
Top Bottom