Worried about my green terror eggs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aubreekay1

Aquarium Advice Regular
My terror laid eggs and I want to keep them only problem is I have other fish in the tank a 2 oscar 2 meeks ..can some one please help I have a smaller tank I could put them in but id be scared they will eat the eggs if I move them

Sent from my C5155 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The meeks are about 2 to 2 1/2 and my albi oscar is as big as 7in and my baby oscar is only 3 inches .. the other tank is only a 10 gal with 2 baby angles

Sent from my C5155 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The female is about 3 1/2 n the male is 5

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How can i tell if there live eggs or dead

Well there is some that are white and some have like a black dot it it..

That's really to big to move into the 10 gallon. Might out of luck this time, that's allot of hungry mouths for the parents to fend off.

You can just try and leave everyone in the tank and see how the parents do at fending them off. However you may have success with moving the fry about 3 days after they are free swimming to their own tank and feeding baby brine.

None viable eggs will be white.

Well there is some that are white and some have like a black dot it it..

The eggs with the black dots are fertilized and viable.

The eggs i tryed to clean the tank but didnt wanna harm the eggs

Attachments

• 1392946658878.jpg
    1392946658878.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 1392946685815.jpg
    1392946685815.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 79
I know the water has been cloudy the past 2 days i was wondering y.. i didnt wana med i didnt kno if it would hurt the eggs.. and as far as i knew when i got them the sign said green terror and its a 100 gal

Cloudy water doesn't need meds, it needs water changes, as I'm willing to bet your ammonia, nitrite, or nitrate are through the roof. Surprised they bred in a bacterial bloom like that.

100000% positive you have a jack dempsey. Without a doubt, I'd put $1,000 on it.

Also, a 100 gallon may seem big, but that tank is barely big enough for 2 oscars, let alone those, plus 2 jack dempsey as well as 2 meeki...Your bacteria can't keep up with the ammonia and nitrite more than likely, which is what is causing that nasty looking water.

There's nothing to medicate, you have a bacteria bloom which indicates a huge imbalance in the water chemistry.

-What's the dimensions on the tank?
-How often and how much water do you change?
- What filter do you have?
- How much/often and what do you feed?

Well thx for telling me what they were.. but i litteraly just change the water 10 mins ago the eggs are some are white some r brown and some tan with black dots in them

Back
Top Bottom