Worried!! Plz help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ones still hiding :-( I found his spot though, so I know he's still alive.. Finally hit the 86 mark for temp. I cut the salt dose in half, the catfish wasn't doing well. I hope that helps? This lil guy has them the worst :-(

Attachments

• image-3948682554.jpg
    image-3948682554.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 81
Poor little guy! Hopefully he pulls through. Can you remind me of what your current stock is again? Just curious because you may able to raise the temp to 88 which would help too. But, not all fish do well at that temp. Your rams would be fine, but I don't remember what else you have. :)

I know it's breaking my heart to see them like this. :-( I have the three rams, 10 cardinal tetras(half neons) 3 raspboras and one catfish. My heats at 86 and I'm doing the salt and water changes (with vacuum scrubbing) daily right now.

Ok. Well, I am not sure if your catfish could take 88 or not.
Even doing half the salt dose should still help. :) The hardest pasrt about this whole treatment is the waiting. Hopefully it starts to show signs of clearing up in the next couple of days.

There was a explosion of them, but now it seems to be only on the rams and making the cat flash all over the place. My son finds it humorous, I on the other hand want to reach in and scratch him to make him feel better ;-)

Mlani said:
There was a explosion of them, but now it seems to be only on the rams and making the cat flash all over the place. My son finds it humorous, I on the other hand want to reach in and scratch him to make him feel better ;-)

Not scratch more rub just to make him feel better

Yeah, its hard to watch when they are so uncomfortable.
Its actually a good sign though that it has increased. With the heat treatment, it gets worse before it gets better. :)

Well I'm hoping we're over the worst now. Poor lil fishies at one point they were completely covered! My one is still hiding comes out for food though thank goodness :)

I'm so sad, I thought the worst was over, I was wrong. One of the rams, the golden one, is now in isolation. I woke to find her swimming sideways :-( she's completely covered in spots and has a thick coat of slime on her. I can't stand to see this. I don't know if she's going to come back from this?

Mlani said:
I'm so sad, I thought the worst was over, I was wrong. One of the rams, the golden one, is now in isolation. I woke to find her swimming sideways :-( she's completely covered in spots and has a thick coat of slime on her. I can't stand to see this. I don't know if she's going to come back from this?

Try a salt bath (look in article I linked earlier) it might kill enough ich so that she is able to gain control and continue fighting back.

Thanks, that's what I did before I put her in isolation. My neighbor was kind enough to lend me 2 ten gallon tanks. I really hope she pulls through. That link you posted has been so helpful thanks again.

Mlani said:
Thanks, that's what I did before I put her in isolation. My neighbor was kind enough to lend me 2 ten gallon tanks. I really hope she pulls through. That link you posted has been so helpful thanks again.

Your welcome. Keep us posted!

Lost her :-( fins clamped, pupil fixed and dilated. D**N ICH!!! sorry, a little upset here. She was so pretty and I tried everything I could. Poor little thing it was just too much for her.

Thank you. I just hope there's no more casualties. I wonder if I should be trying something a little more aggressive with this ich? Yes, I know I'm thinking of jumping to the dark side and using chemicals. I was checking some of them out and if I do half the doses (because of my cat) would they be ok? Or is there some long term effects to the whole tank if I do?

I've been doing the salt. Maybe I just need to be more patient. At this point I feel a bit helpless. I just don't want to lose any more fish.

No worries :)
Hey do you know anything about treating ich in salt water tanks? And copper? Redsea had a post up looking for help on ich too. I can kind of relate to what they're going through. So if you do, would you mind helping them out too?

Back
Top Bottom