Would this be overstocked for a 55g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_lover

Aquarium Advice Freak
image-1970157534.jpg

So I was thinking to get a 55 gal. , and I was wondering if these fish would be okay toghether , so just tell me which ones can be toghether and which ones can't , and tell me if its over stocked .

What about just the Oscar ?

Oscars can grow larger than 12 inches long, a 55 gallon tank is typicall only 13 inches wide (front to back). The smallest size tank for an oscar is north of 120 gallons (this is the size that extends from 4 feet long (55 gallon) to 6 feet long. A 55 gallon tank will not provide an oscar with enough room to move around.

Oscars can grow larger than 12 inches long, a 55 gallon tank is typicall only 13 inches wide (front to back). The smallest size tank for an oscar is north of 120 gallons (this is the size that extends from 4 feet long (55 gallon) to 6 feet long. A 55 gallon tank will not provide an oscar with enough room to move around.

What about a 75 gallon ? Those are like 18" wide I think , the biggest I would be able to do is 75 gallons :/

You can definitely put an Oscar in a 55 gallon by himself. He will be fine in it. A 75 is better. As long as you have the proper filtration and water change schedule. For those fish you'd need at least a 110 for them.

You can definitely put an Oscar in a 55 gallon by himself. He will be fine in it. A 75 is better. As long as you have the proper filtration and water change schedule. For those fish you'd need at least a 110 for them.

I'll get a 75 gallon for one than , and if I do get a 75 gal. Could I get one ruber lip pleco ? They're the smallest pleco at my petsmart

Yes as long as you have good filtration,

Okay , I found this really powerful filter at petsmart , and you can control the filter power, is there any other fish that can be in there ? Or would another fish be too much ?

Guys don't start talking off topic , and I AM STICKING WITH THE 75 gallon

Back
Top Bottom