Yellow electric numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
What would be a good number of yellow electric (yellow labs) to put in a 120 gallon tank? There are going to be other lake Malawi cichlids eventually as well. I was thinking 6, is that a good number for them to be happy?

5 or 6 is a reasonable number if you're going to add more fish down the road

I'll try to get the male female ratio but it's tough determining the sex when they are young, for me at least. What other fish would go well with them? Would demasoni work? Any other suggestions?

Is it safe to mix lake Malawi and lake tanganyikan cichlids?

I'll just stick with lake Malawi. I wanted to put in demasoni after I get the yellow electrics just cause they are so cool looking. How many should I get of them? I was thinking around 8.

Eight demasoni's may be the bare minimum due to their conspecific-aggressive nature; stocking a good dozen (or more) would be a safer bet.

Regarding your earlier question, I currently keep tropheus with my mbuna's (very similar behavior and dietary requirements). No issues between these two different cichlid groups as of yet (I've had one tropheus in my mbuna tank since 2007 and a colony of different tropheus species them in with them since 2009).

Back
Top Bottom