Yellow lab cichlid sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishManSinceFive

Aquarium Advice Regular
My yellow lab is a little aggressive it has gray around its mouth and black marking on his/her left side the upper area under the fin.... Im wondering if its sick? Whoever knows about this please tell me!!!!

I agree if hes acting all big and bad and getting black on his face and black ventral fins hes the dominant male.

My jd goes some time after the yello lab. Going in circles and than I see that the yello lab gets a black collor around his mouth and cheek.

JDs can be fairly aggressive so your lab could have gotten an injury during a fight. If the mouth has tufts of gray it could be mouth fungus. If not I don't know what it could be.

Now my is not sick because jd is the boss in the tank. After som duel fight yello lab goes to his hiding place and his color turns back to yello. It's the duel fight that make him change of color. It is possible when he gets sick he will have that color too.

You aggression issues will probably continue in that small of tank if yyour planning on that as their permanent home. You may already know but they will nneed a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom