Yellow Lab death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmk6

Aquarium Advice Regular
Not much to say other than exceptionally bummed out. She was the only fish I have ever had a succesful spawn with and now she is dead way to young. My water is fine, I tested it. Moderately softer than normal for a Malawi tank but not bad, Ph good 8.0, ammonia 0 ppm, nitrates 30ppm, nitrites 0. Maybe I was not careful enough with my last water change and clouded the water too much (I stir up the gravel to clean it up when I change water). She was acting kind of odd but showed not signs of disease. Not Ich not bloat nothing. I have a UV sterelizer on the system so I hope if she did have something it is dead with her.
I rarely lose fish and to lose a special one hurts. I am more turning to this page for sympathy than advice but will take and listen to advice as always.
One Sad Mbuna Dad :(

Sorry to hear about your lab. I have a bunch myself grown from juvies. Your parameters sound fine. Sometimes these things just happen, nobody's fault.

Sorry to hear that. What are the tank mates and tank size?

120 gallon, 5 red zebras 4 female 1 male, 1 labeotropheus Fuelleborni OB, 4 synodontis petricola, 3 Bumble Bees 1 male 2 female, and now 4 yellow labs 3 female 1 male. The male Bumble Bees is the dominate but he usually only messes with the other bumble bees.

dmk6 said:
120 gallon, 5 red zebras 4 female 1 male, 1 labeotropheus Fuelleborni OB, 4 synodontis petricola, 3 Bumble Bees 1 male 2 female, and now 4 yellow labs 3 female 1 male. The male Bumble Bees is the dominate but he usually only messes with the other bumble bees.

Oh I got nothing...Really sorry to hear that .

Sorry about your loss. Everything looks good and I don't think mixing up the substrate during the water change would harm her. Has she recently been holding? Any signs of aggression towards her ? Seems like it may just be an unexplained, no reason, too early of a death.

Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom