Yellow lab fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My yellow lab is pregnant an if I stripe the eggs from her why do I do jus leave them in a cage in the tank or what ???

how long as she been holding? can u look inside her mouth and see babies, if so you could probably strip her and keep them in a net breeder/ container...

Deffinently holding if shes about 3 weeks you could strip her, but its up to you

Yeah she deff holding, n she's alil less 2 weeks should I jus put her in a net cage n let her jus let em go wen there ready

Well if I try to catch her will she drop her eggs cuz honestly idk wat to do I'm new to this ha

Ok ima try n jus put her in the net than she can relax n not run frm the male

She's in the cage alone now she not 3 weeks yet can I extract the eggs n if so how do I do it ??

Yea, you'll have a better chance at savin fry, but once she spits you need to remove her

Cool, nd yea.... Good luck, if you need anythin else i'll answer as best i/ we can.! And if you want i'll show you my female lab, shes been holding for about 2 weeks to

Kk well heres a couple pof her... Shes about a week in on these... I'll post a few of her now in a sec

Attachments

• image-1442171069.jpg
    image-1442171069.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1560244914.jpg
    image-1560244914.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 65
Fyi I've read that cichlids can still get @ fry in net breeders. So if you are using a net breeder in your main tank, keep that in mind.
As far as stripping goes its pretty easy. Can you see fry in her mouth?

Take a pencil and gently hold her with the top of your hand on her head ( your thumb ) and your index finger on where you see the lump in her mouth. ( GENTLY GENTLY GENTLY ) take the tip of the pencil and open her mouth or if you want to be safe use something similar and with your index finger sorta work the eggs out the whole tome keep her A. Underwater. B. Her Gilsonite and mouth under water. You can also YouTube it.

Back
Top Bottom