yellow labs problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chriscarrigg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have added 2 new smaller yellow labs and a small pleco to my 20 long tank. so nows there's 3 yellow labs and a pleco they are all new to the tank. but now the bigger one is harassing the smaller ones theres a vid on YouTube of my tank

YouTube

can you let me know what you think of them And the tank. thanks

-Chris

Yellow labs are one of the more docile mbuna but these fish still require a minimum of a 4ft tank to help with aggression and size, with a 20 gallon there just isn't enough real estate for these fish and they will continue this behavior.

I've got 2 in my 55 and they are the meek ones in my tank. They bother no one, not even each other. Them and my kenyi are the "happy" fish as I call them.

I would love to help, but yeah, that link is dead. Try re-posting it. I currently have a 25g tank filled with various Malawi Cichlids, and while they are do chase each other around pretty frequently, the aggressive behavior is nearly null because I have the tank overstocked... With the fish you have however, you will probably need to remove a lab (preferably a male) in order to resolve the issue... But as Carey said, as far as Malawi Cichlids go, yellow labids are about as docile as they come.

@Carey It's funny however that you say your kenyi is also docile... Because they're usually one of the more aggressive Malawi species... But I do remember you saying that it's considerably smaller? If it is, then it's just being submissive. :) Best not draw attention to the fact that you're a good target I'm sure.

HTH,

~Kaden

Back
Top Bottom