Yellow South American ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank with Two Parrots and two Blue gourami? I think a Yellow Fish would really make my colors pop. But I want one that is big so he will not be hurt and one that will not hurt anyone else. Does anyone have any ideas of a good fish ?

What size tank you have will determine how big you can go.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was going to suggest a gold severum but I think that's going to be too much in a 50 with the 2 parrots.

I have a single male Convict with my two parrots, jack dempsey and green terror. The convict rules the tank by far. Always chasing someone, usually my GT. The parrots are about the same size as the convict, and when he shows aggression towards the larger of the two parrots, the parrot doesn't back down, ever. I'll be ridding my tank of him in a week or two when I break the tank down to move. I agree with mike, I think a severum would work great, although I don't know about the 50g part..

Jesse

Are green terror really mean or is that just a name.

True green terrors, andinoacara stalsbergii, are more aggressive than the false green terrors commonly labelled as green terrors in the hobby, a. Rivulatus and a. sp. "gold saum"

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Essentially, "green terror" is a nickname that applies to either species of Andinoacara (former Aeuquidens). Some people insist there is a "true" green terror and a "false" green terror, but this is something of a contrived hobbyist argument without much scientific relevance. The real question among experts over the years was which was the true rivulatus, some older books and articles saying what is now stalsbergi was the true rivulatus, which turned out to be opposite current classification.

Stalsbergii are more rare in the trade, and the people who suggest it is more aggressive than rivulatus, typically own wild caught specimens, or F1s. I've seen several Rivulatus that were downright nasty at the same time.
Same fish really, same temperament and habits. They both grow*really slow and are shy as juvies don't really start showing attitude until they get bigger.

Jesse

It's not south american, but the rainbow cichlid is a cool yellow fish, and peaceful as well, although the yellow can be slightly dull.

I think it'd look pretty cool b/c not only would each fish have a different color, but also a different body type.

Took the words out of my mouth. Rainbow cichlid would be good they don't have an overly aggressive temperament.

Back
Top Bottom