Yipee!!!! They are Spawning....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Kribs are spawning..My Kribs are spawning....!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p
This is my first time keeping kribs and I had a hard time getting a pair that would tolerate each other, but after losing the male in my original pair and then having to replace the female. with a smaller more docile one and many trips to the petshop for a suitable male...I finaly ended up with a good pair...They have been in my tank for about 6 weeks and just yesterday i notied my male has rather hectic.. Swiming around realy quickly and just now I noticed the females Ovipositor was visible and rather large...And I took a look inside their little cave and sure enough she was upside down laying egss on the cieling.

I got many questions as to what to do. but my first impluse would be to leave them alone and either turn off my filter so it wont suck up the fry once they hatch. Ill be posting pictures and Ill see if i can get any good video and post it on you tube ...

ohh yeah didnt think of that and I know just the place to get one too thanx...
OMG im so excited im gonna read up now on fry rearing and do my best to help bring them up...

Congrads on the eggs. The one thing about kribs is they do really well raising the fry on there own. I never had to do anything with my pr. He would spawn with two differnt females and one female would take care of both the frys at the same time. Even spawning while taking care of 3frys at the sametime . I did have to remove the male for a while not because he was hurting the frys but because he was still spawning with both females. I figured they had 3 frys at once and 1 of the females was laying eggs again. I figured 4 frys at one time was enough.

Back
Top Bottom