Zebra OB holding? Video inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Few days ago I posted a picture of my Zebra OB asking it was male or female (I have 1 small and 2 bigger ones) because I thought the female was trying to mate (doing the body shaking lol) I come today and I see that the one I thought was a male looks like she is holding either eggs or fry in her mouth as it is swollen. Below is a video. If she is holding can you give me some general tips? If I need to remove her, how long it will take etc...

http://youtu.be/lJwKl-_StNQ

You have the video set private so it wont come up.

You can let her spit in the tank bjt survival for the youngsters wont be good. If your wanting to keep them id takke the female out and put her in another tank till she spits. Id wait about 2 weeks to move her. As soon as she spits them put her back into the main tank. It is actually a good idea to put her in a different tank first so she can get some rest.

You have the video set private so it wont come up.

You can let her spit in the tank bjt survival for the youngsters wont be good. If your wanting to keep them id takke the female out and put her in another tank till she spits. Id wait about 2 weeks to move her. As soon as she spits them put her back into the main tank. It is actually a good idea to put her in a different tank first so she can get some rest.

New video http://youtu.be/KnIHZZLXcN4

And I don't any empty tanks.. I have a 30 gallon that only has 6 gouramis in it. How about that??

I'm pretty sure she is holding. She won't stay still long enough to get a good look.

You could put her in there as long as they leave her alone. If they don't stay their distance then I'm pretty sure you know what will happen.

If you have a in tank breeding box you can use that. Or you can wait till she spits in the main tank and get the baby's out right away.

I'm pretty sure she is holding. She won't stay still long enough to get a good look.

You could put her in there as long as they leave her alone. If they don't stay their distance then I'm pretty sure you know what will happen.

If you have a in tank breeding box you can use that. Or you can wait till she spits in the main tank and get the baby's out right away.

Pretty sure they will leave her alone. I have a breeder box but its for a normal fish. It would b quite small for her.

Back
Top Bottom