Zucchini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it necessary to boil zucchini before putting in the tank to feed?
Cooking it a little gets rid of the starchiness so the flesh becomes soft rather than spongy. I've tried both, and when it's cooked, it gets devoured quickly.
Lately I've been floating cucumber halves (cut lengthways) and watching the spectacle of bristle noses and plecos chasing them around. They manage to catch them and hang on to feed as the surface agitation sends them on a crazy ride.
By morning there is just Swiss cheese-looking skin floating around.

Cooking it a little gets rid of the starchiness so the flesh becomes soft rather than spongy. I've tried both, and when it's cooked, it gets devoured quickly. Lately I've been floating cucumber halves (cut lengthways) and watching the spectacle of bristle noses and plecos chasing them around. They manage to catch them and hang on to feed as the surface agitation sends them on a crazy ride. By morning there is just Swiss cheese-looking skin floating around.

That's kind of what I thought. I have been attaching the zucchini to a rock so it doesn't float. Thanks guys for your responses.

Well I always got soft stem plants... What other foods can I try. I dont want to put something in there that they will be clueless about...

Cool ill make them eat healthier lol less bloodworms and appetizer flacks lol sorry little fishies |:

Back
Top Bottom