10 Gallon Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schwebel7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tanks been up and running for around 4 months, but i hated the old scape i had, my rocks i got were big for such a small tank but trying my best, hows the new aqua scape looking? Couldnt really make shelves how i wanted it too be
Current stock is
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Coral Banded Shrimp
assortment of zebra hermit crabs and blue legged.
Waiting on new T5 bulbs to come in then will be picking up some frags next week.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 117
I do like the set up very much. However I would chisel off the piece touching the glass on the right side of the tank allowing for enough room to clean the side of the tank. Use that piece in the back on the left side to create a space for something invasive like gsp. And add a medium size rock front right for a ric garden. But what you have is sweet. If you don't like m2c please consider moving to big piece off the glass for your own sanity. Btw love the shrimp

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Update on tank, got 2x24 watt T5 bulbs and picked up my first coral. Im 99% sure its an acan, i cant remember from when i picked it up:lol: Anyone know what type of acan or what it is? After an hour acclimation i put him in the tank and gave him few pellets a few minutes later and he instantly ate them.
Whatcha guys think???:D

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 96
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 108
Looks more of a Favia to me, though it is likely that it's just the picture.

Id also be weary of your lighting systems capability. Two bulbs normally on supports softies.

Im keeping the scape as it is, its only a small end of the rock toching the glass and can be cleaned around, but i havent touched the glass since the tanks been up lol,
Im stuck in between and acan or favia, its seems to feed like the acan videos ive seen, its extends smalls tentacles after feeding, you can see in the second picture, either way im happy. Im just experimenting with the lighting right now, as ive spent under $140 on this whole tank, as iam on a very low budget.

Those polyps look to small to be an acan but to puffy for a favia. It could possibly be micromussa

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Finally got around to finishing my light seems a bit brighter, a picked up on three stalks of purple Xenia for $5 and been slowly pulsing more and more since ive put them in, the macromussa seems to be doing great under this lighting and already growing a new head. Anyone else seems to be constantly cleaning their sand bed of poop? I clean mine and within 2 days its covered again! and this just seems to start happening a week ago?

Heres a before and after of the light, made the reflectors out a sheet metal, just a few cuts and a bend, paint and its good, straight as i could get it with just my hands(y)

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 80
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 86
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 77
Coral update, The micromussa is growing good under these bulbs, and the free frag i got of what i believe is a neon green candy cane. Xenia is growing great also

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-19-11-13-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-19-11-13-27.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2014-09-19-11-13-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-19-11-13-41.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 74
Looking good! I like that micromussa a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom