10 gallon nano, anemone possibility?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemyfish79

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wondering if there is an anemone I can get for my ten gallon nano tank? Livestock is 2 clownfish, 4 snails, and a crab. I have 2 corals on the live rock that are doing great and I know the clownfish would be ecstatic if there was an anemone haha also plan on getting a cleaner shrimp

ForumRunner_20131218_081943.jpg

ForumRunner_20131218_082007.jpg

Alright so after doing a little more research I wi not be getting an anemone, but what would be a good coral for the clownfish to host in or are the current ones I have be alright?

Thanks guys, going to my lfs this weekend and see what I end up with

Well in actuality clownfish do not host anything, the anemone or coral hosts the clown. But anyways, do not get your hopes up with a coral hosting it. Of course it's possible and over time may happen but don't force it. You'll only stress out the coral and fish. Be patient, because it can take a while.

Yeah, I want to get some different coral anyways and a peppermint shrimp (is that what their called) and I'm done as far as stocking for my tank haha.

Very nice! Is that real reef rock?

Also what kind of corals do you have??

Very very nice!

Yeah 11 pounds of live rock and I have no idea, the lady that has been helping me at my lfs said it was easy to maintain and very hardy seeing how this is my first saltwater tank. Here's a pic from tonight. My first clown is trying to persuade the new one I think haha
ForumRunner_20131218_184401.jpg

Yeah I saw another clown at my lfs that was in love with a coral just like that

Make sure to get a bit of it. Although it grows pretty fast. You might ding yourself cutting it and snipping it to keep it under control

So I ended up buying some coral from a guy off craigslist. Got some pulsing xenia, octopus looking coral as my wife calls it and the brainy thing I got from my lfs. Sorry about the pic, everything is closing up as its getting close to bed time.

I have s aussie torch coral, I think mines yellow tipped, they look similar to some anemones. I added a maroon clown a couple weeks ago, pretty much instantly he took a shine to the coral. I don't thinks he's hosting it 100% yet but he definatley hangs around it all the time and touch it a lot.

Here's a pic of the coral, the fish is abit blurry.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389512323.281681.jpg

Back
Top Bottom