10 gallon nano-reef coming together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha ha. No moon light. Wouldn't work with my par38

My trick is to buy one of those 15$ clip on led fixtures from amazon, turn on only the blues, and leave that running constantly (very low power consumption from leds.) Then, when your main lights turn off, the moonlight shines! ;) Better IMO than a $40 moonlight strip.

My trick is to buy one of those 15$ clip on led fixtures from amazon, turn on only the blues, and leave that running constantly (very low power consumption from leds.) Then, when your main lights turn off, the moonlight shines! ;) Better IMO than a $40 moonlight strip.

Ok cool. Is there any special spectrum? Or just regular blue to look cool!

No special spectrum, as it really doesn't provide enough light for anything to grow (just for affect really.) Search Agptek high lightness 48 led on amazon to find the one I got. It's great :)

No problem! Btw, since they're kinda cheap (and not quite as bright as much more expensive moonlights) I might recommend getting two for a 10g (it would still be cheaper than a normal moonlight at ~$30

That works too! I just bought the clip on because it was cheap and would provide enough light for a 3g. Hmm... I'm already thinking about those LEDs you bought before the par :)

The strip light for the sole form of lighting is a bad idea. As accent or moonlights they may work, but not long.

The strip light for the sole form of lighting is a bad idea. As accent or moonlights they may work, but not long.

I would def never recommend strip LEDs for primary lights, however for a short period of time his strip lights did support corals (however, they definitely are only a short term solution.) I still recommend the clip on, as it is designed for prolonged use around saltwater (but it provides no real useful light for corals.)

Also, in case I didn't phrase it clear enough I didn't mean that the clip on would "provide enough light for a nano", merely that it suffices in terms of how much "moonlight" it casts.

So I'm heading to a fish store kinda far from my house today. I was wondering what cool inverts I could keep. I have the clown and a goby. Will the clown bother anything?

So I'm heading to a fish store kinda far from my house today. I was wondering what cool inverts I could keep. I have the clown and a goby. Will the clown bother anything?

How about Sexy Shrimp.

That's what I was thinking. Would my clown bother them. I know they're kinda small

Same here, they either have to special order them in or I would have to get them online.

Back
Top Bottom