10 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soukup31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon nano reef, and out of the blue the water clouded, does anyone have any ideas ? Maybe a. Water change?

Well it could be a number of things.

If a coral or invert (starfish) dies it can make the water cloudy cause of the fact that they melt.

If you added any cardon packs it can cloud the water temporarily.

If you added any new rock it can cloud the water.

Increased levels of calcium also causes cloudy water.

Well I just dosed calcium an added a new carbon pack so ding ding ding winner! Thanks

Lol :) give it a couple of hours an maybe rins your sponges if you have any... Can i see a pick of the tank if you don't mind... Just curious :)

sadly my clown died:( i think a coral died and I had an ammonia spike, and i found him this morning :(

:eek: crap!!! So sorry to hear that... Is the water still cloudy? Sometimes it can be hard to keep these creatures in captivity. Clowns live up to 15 to 20 years in the wild but only 3 to 5 years in captivity. It is a difficult task to get the ecosystem just right.

Generally clowns and damsel fish have a pretty high tolerance to ammonia and nitrate fluctuations... Was this a take bread a d wild caught clown?

Back
Top Bottom