10 gallon to 29 biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a question about the chambers what goes in chamber one? And in chamber two I have the bio balls and a filter on top of it and in the description I says chamber two gets the tray and chamber one gets the filter but the filters on the tray I think so I put it on top of the bio balls I plan on getting the skimmer anyways and the water is way above the min max line what's the deal with that? And the new koralia pump I have keeps like spitting water I have it on the opposite aide of the other one but everything that I moved over and the frags that were on the rock I bought are doing great

Attachments

• image-2686327917.jpg
    image-2686327917.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 90
  • image-27189674.jpg
    image-27189674.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 108
You're going to want to take the filter pad and bioballs out of chamber two. They hold nitrate's. Being it's brand new, I'd do it now. I got my biocube 6 weeks ago and took everything out and used intank's media basket with filter floss, purigen and chemi elite. I also went ahead on got the refugium to go next to the media basket as well.

My lfs ordered a protein skimmer for me and the tanks doing great parameters are fine switched everything over I decided its been a week maybe two I lose track of time but everything's doing fine the clowns love it the barnacle blenny and the coral that was on the rock I bought is thriving

Where should my power heads point?

Assuming you have 2 along right the stock out take. Aim them at each other and towards the center of the glass front of tank. Hope that made sense. Depending on your rock work this may work out.

Your mist likely going to have to move them around until you can find the sweet spot.

Assuming you have 2 along right the stock out take. Aim them at each other and towards the center of the glass front of tank. Hope that made sense. Depending on your rock work this may work out.

Your mist likely going to have to move them around until you can find the sweet spot.

Yeah cause my ph is a little off I heard more flow going up helps or it could be cause I did a water change and the phosphates haven't developed right I hope I explained that right

Yeah cause my ph is a little off I heard more flow going up helps or it could be cause I did a water change and the phosphates haven't developed right I hope I explained that right

More surface agitation will aid with pH issues. You don't want phosphates so that's a good thing of they haven't developed.

More surface agitation will aid with pH issues. You don't want phosphates so that's a good thing of they haven't developed.

Yeah I've been having green algae problems my skimmer comes in tomorrow so 20% water change and setting that up will take place tomorrow

Here's some updates I've been working daily on my tank I clean the glass daily just about weekly water changes I have button polyps two separate colonies I have a leather green star polyps green mushrooms I forgot the scientific name I just bought a torch today I got zoos a few weeks ago that my lfs said I should bring back cause they won't open everything else is doing fine and they said it might be parasites and the female clown killed the male and I still have the brittle and a algae blenny here's some photos.

Attachments

• image-3888311396.jpg
    image-3888311396.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3387244954.jpg
    image-3387244954.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1954095095.jpg
    image-1954095095.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1756009107.jpg
    image-1756009107.jpg