10 out of 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was gettin no sleep because new 'colt' was shooting everything in sight.
I think he was setting up home because he's calmed down now and I only hear the odd one fire.
I'm loving it and can't wait till anemone crab arrives

I was gettin no sleep because new 'colt' was shooting everything in sight.
I think he was setting up home because he's calmed down now and I only hear the odd one fire.
I'm loving it and can't wait till anemone crab arrives

Haha "colt" that's my shrimps name!! lol. I've never heard him though...

I've seen him shoot my dare devil hermits, he's even shot me when I did a part WC. Thinking about getting another for the other side of town. Ill change his name and have Smith and Western hehe

Pistol shrimp or mantis shrimp? I don't think pistol shrimp are that aggressive. I haven't had any issues with my little guy.

image-1418160966.jpg

Only a little pistol, I did get a pic once, see what you think

image-2337554942.jpg

...or should I say... That's what he was sold as

...ps... I sleep next to my tank.

Maybe that's why I hear the nocturnal activities

i love and hate my pistol shrimp. I hate when he comes out so far that he moves all my sand everywhere as well as onto my corals and rearranging my corals :(

ever since i got a goby hes been coming far out, farther than I wanted. I hope by getting a clownfish it keeps him in check :/

My goby doesn't even know 'colt' is in there. It's frustrating to watch goby sitting all alone while colt kicks up the sand over the other side !!
Stupid fish!

I have a blue dot pistol and I can hear him two rooms over at night. I would have sworn my glass was breaking lol.

I hear my tiger pistol snapping on almost a daily basis. Some snaps are louder than others. It's loud enough to hear over conversations or the tv. I've read that they'll use the "pistol" to break up rocks and release stuff that's stuck in the sand when they're building.

I hear my tiger pistol snapping on almost a daily basis. Some snaps are louder than others. It's loud enough to hear over conversations or the tv. I've read that they'll use the "pistol" to break up rocks and release stuff that's stuck in the sand when they're building.

Mine snaps at me when my hands in the tank lol

That would probably scare me!! How bad does it hurt? I might never put my hand back in if mine ever did that!!!

The first time I almost fell over taking my hand out so fast cause I didn't know what the heck it was. He sneak attacked from behind a rock. Did hurt just wasn't expecting it lol. Now I just shoo him away.

At convict. Maybe he does lol

Back
Top Bottom