10g Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MJSerik

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I've finally decided that I'm using my 10 gallon to make a coral tank. I want a frag tank-kind of. I want to grow coral but have the tank look natural, though I don't really want live rock. Could I use a HOB filter? Pretty low budget here. Thanks!

You are kind of contradicting yourself here. You want natural but dont want live rock. in general they go hand in hand with each other.

You could go with a hob filter but the live rock also provides space for anaerobic bacteria to grow and consume nitrates.

If you're looking to grow coral you will probably want to supplement their diet by target feeding so the added live rock will help by acting as a form of filtration to help with the excess nutrients in the water. I run 2 hob filters on my 20 and a power head and I have no troubles with that setup. It's been up over a year now

I guess the main reason I don't want LR is hitchhikers. But yeah, I understand what you're saying

Back
Top Bottom