10G Nano Setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here it is!! I'm debating to add a small piece of rubble/rock on the left. I still want the hermits to have plenty of roaming room though.

Attachments

• image-1852514889.jpg
    image-1852514889.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 223
The odyssea will allow you to have most of the corals you'd want I believe. I had everything growing under mine, even a few SPS placed high up in the tank. But for the zooas, leathers, LPS and other basic normal corals you should be fine.

That oddysea light is 72 watts that is a lot over ten gallons you should be able to get any coral you want I love mine so far on my ten

Gotta keep in mind that the bulbs are average and there arent individual reflectors on each bulb. But it's def an entry level fixture, something to get your feet wet and do a decent job as well. Plus the width of the tank is killer, most manufacturers go with 24" and above. 20" is a tough one. lol

Yea I just got this one so no decision on these bulbs yet but I know zoo med and some others make bulbs to fit if you want better bulbs that's what I did with my metal halide fixture from oddysea stock bulb sucked so I replaced with a 14k Phoenix now my coral love it
P.s my house has not burnt down either I think that was early mistakes

I'm debating whether I want to grab a really small piece of cured fiji live rock from the local store to help the cycle along. Good idea bad idea?

If you don't have livestock and are cycling it can help in my opinion. Plus you get the coralline algae introduced into your system. A couple lbs would be an excellent idea. :)

Just ordered the new hood, heading to the store now to pick up some rock. Will have pics when I return!

I agree the tank is to small for two clowns maybe one would be fine and a goby and also a peppermint shrimp would be fine and of course snails and hermits!! But that would be it for them to live a comfortable life :)

My girlfriend is in love with a striped damsel, how big do these guys get?

Here it is. Got it straight out of tank they were selling fish out of. How much light should this tank be getting while cycling? 2-4 hours or none at all?

Attachments

• image-3173404757.jpg
    image-3173404757.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 200
After seeing a youtube video of a goby/pistol shrimp pairing I think it would be awesome to watch them. So I'm thinking:

1 Clown Fish
1 Yasha or Yellow Goby
1 Pistol Shrimp
2-3 Hermits

I was at premium aquatics yesterday and they had a bunch of Yasha goby pistol pairs for like 30 bucks they have an online store I don't know how much shipping is though

Couple of the corals I liked, these guys work with the Odyssea fixture?

Attachments

• IMG_2234.jpg
    IMG_2234.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 194
Sweet. There were a few more I liked but I still have a lot of time to decide. :D

So many choices as far as fish go you originally wanted 2 clowns I can't tell you go ahead without plenty of people going crazy but I will say google 10 gallon nano images or fluval edge which is 6 gallon there are plenty of people with a pair of clowns in them so right or wrong make your self happy you won't be the first or last person to do it

I personally say do a clown and some small goby, that be really cool. Two clowns could work, but at what cost.. ya know?

Back
Top Bottom