10g stock ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearchumjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all. I have a 10 gallon nano. What are some of your ideas for stocking? I know I'm really limited. I would like an active and colorful fish that is going to swim all around. I am ok with having only one fish.

And here are my tank specifications from my thread "fluval chi to 10 gal upgrade"

Ok- so here is details on my tank setup.

10 gal tank
•I spray painted the back black. Holy cow- I suggest everyone do that because it is awesome! •I used a flat black spray paint.
•modified "critter" tank lid. You know, the metal screen covers people would use for a lizard tank or whatever. I bought a little hacksaw yesterday and modified it so that I could fit my equipment on the back of the tank. I may buy some plexiglass to replace the metal screen part with so that I will have less evaporation.
•I am running a tetra HOB for a 5-10 gal tank (live rock rubble in the filter instead of filter pad), a Regent HOB for a 20 gal tank (nothing in it but i will get some more live rock rubble) and a hydor pico power head at 200gph. So I have probably close to 400gph total flow.
•heater is 100W or 200W. I forgot and I'm not fishing it out to check.
•12 W par38 LED lamp bulb w/ 4 white, 6 blue, 1 green, 1 red.
•Pool filter sand substrate.
•live rock. Not sure how many pounds but I'd guess 5-8. Probably will pick up another couple of pieces of base rock when I go to get the rubble in the next few weeks.
•stock includes: 4 hermits, 2 nassarius snails, 2 cerith snails, 1 emerald crab, cluster of feather duster worms, zoas and trumpet coral.
•tests are 0, nitrates less than 5ppm.

Now that we are all up to date on the tank specifics, here's a few pics.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ture46000.html

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ture46001.html

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ture46002.html

BTW your links aren't working
maybe 2 or 3 damsels 1 of each kind

go ahead say it damsels are you nuts lol

Part of the problem is that most fish that are really active and swim around a lot will need bigger than a 10g. There are some very pretty small fish that will be out and about most of the time and swim around some and kinda "hover" around, like the orange striped cardinal and rainsford goby. The white stripe Pygmy wrasse is colorful. Firefish hide some, and then hover around. I love my yellow headed jawfish, she's entertaining to watch as she uses her mouth to stack shells and small rocks outside her burrow, and she has big eyes that make her look so cute! She comes out during dinner and always has her head peeking out of her burrow, which is right in front of tank so she can watch everyone.

54seaweed said:
BTW your links aren't working
maybe 2 or 3 damsels 1 of each kind

go ahead say it damsels are you nuts lol

I didn't mean to copy and paste the links from my other thread.

Anywho... I had thought about a yellow tail damsel.

Beengirl said:
Part of the problem is that most fish that are really active and swim around a lot will need bigger than a 10g.

Ain't that the truth! Im figuring that out the more I keep researching.

Beengirl said:
There are some very pretty small fish that will be out and about most of the time and swim around some and kinda "hover" around, like the orange striped cardinal and rainsford goby. The white stripe Pygmy wrasse is colorful. Firefish hide some, and then hover around. I love my yellow headed jawfish, she's entertaining to watch as she uses her mouth to stack shells and small rocks outside her burrow, and she has big eyes that make her look so cute! She comes out during dinner and always has her head peeking out of her burrow, which is right in front of tank so she can watch everyone.

Your jawfish sounds cute! My luck would be that the burrow is in the back of the tank! LOL!

I really like the rainsfords and hectors gobies. I am putting them on the list with the orange lined cardinals and the firefish.

I can't help much with stocking as i'm new to the hobby (and a lot of what i've learned you've taught me on my thread! Lol) but I wanted to say that my firefish and neon goby are both a lot of fun in my 10 gal. My firefish will dart into his hole when there's sudden movement outside, but if you stand there for a few minutes, you see him poke his head out all cute and then come out and swim about again lol. My neon goby is also pretty cool because he lays about all over the tank and sticks on to the glass and isn't shy a bit and greets me when i'm near.

Back
Top Bottom