10gal nano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madcurlyq

Aquarium Advice Activist
ive been in freshwater for a while and wanted to try something new so what would i need for a 10 gal nano......i want a reef tank and i don't particularly want fish just corals and inverts.

I just started a 9 gallon nano a while ago, there's a thread on that. I keep clowns and some corals

u keep 2 clowns in a nine
could i keep 2 clowns and a dottyback in a 8

Two clowns in a 9 will have to be moved to a larger tank once they get bigger. You can keep a pair in a 20 gallon but a lot of places say 10 gallons per clown.

I wouldn't keep all of those in an 8 gallon but I'm sure it could be done. The fish may not be to happy with the living environment. My clowns swim all over the tank so having two clowns and a dotty back in an 8 gallon wouldn't give them much room and the two clowns may pick on the dottyback if they host a spot in the aquarium and he won't have anywhere to run.

2 clowns in a 8g tank is not good for the fish. Adding any more fish to that is just not right. :)

The pair of clowns should be in a 20g tank at minimum. That would also allow another fish as long as it's small to be added.

Back
Top Bottom