10gal Nano Lighting Fixture options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joester2k3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello Everyone. Back with a new adventure! Im getting ready to start a 10Gal Coral Nano. Im not really interested in keeping any fish in this setup only corals (my 125gal is for the fish hehe). Anyway Im trying to make the best decision for lighting this new tank. I really only want to have softies. Possibly SpS in after i get the hang of things.. (but that wont be for a while). I was considering going with either PC lighting around 40watts or a 70watt Metal halide fixture. I dont have to have to use a chiller though and im afraid with the halide and such a small tank I would run into heat issues. I also don't want to bleach the corals. I just want to do the right thing this time around and not screw up the lighting. I want my corals to grow for once not just stay the same as wheni got them.

thank you for all your help.. and im sorry if this is a repeat question.. I tried some searches on the forum and it didnt come up with any really. I read through some as well. figured it never hurts to ask.

For weeks ive been studying lighting trying to figure out what would work best for me. Not once did i ever come across that fixture. And for the price.. It be great for getting started and seeing if i ever even get into SpS. Im not planning on it but you know how that goes lol..

Awesome. I see coral life also makes a 95W 20" fixture... Single bulb. Would be great for maybe a lil deeper tanks then 10 gal. I orderd the Current USA fixture... Ive read a lot of good reviews about them. Ill be sure to let everyone know how it works out for me.

Awesome. I see coral life also makes a 95W 20" fixture... Single bulb.

The bulb for that fixture isn't exactly cheap when it comes time to replace it. Current USA discontinued their quad-tube PC fixtures and the bulbs, I'm pretty sure Coralife won't be too far behind. So you would probably need to buy a new quad-bulbs from Coralife which would make it almost cheaper to buy a whole new fixture rather than just a new bulb. HTH.

The bulb for that fixture isn't exactly cheap when it comes time to replace it. Current USA discontinued their quad-tube PC fixtures and the bulbs, I'm pretty sure Coralife won't be too far behind. So you would probably need to buy a new quad-bulbs from Coralife which would make it almost cheaper to buy a whole new fixture rather than just a new bulb. HTH.

I have a Coralife and it is $70 locally to get a bulb. I plan on having my son mode to use LEDs.

LED's for the main bulb? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of spending money on the fixture in the first place? Or do you mean he will be putting in moon lights?

I am wanting LEDs, once they are in it will be a long time before they have to be replaced from what I have read. They are suppose to be cheaper to run. I know the cost of them are high but they have gone down a little in the past few months.

I might change my mind and go with T5 and an all new fixture.

Back
Top Bottom