10gallon reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have started my reef tank 3 months ago I have some zoa's and a pulsing Xenia. I can't seem to get the flow in my tank right it's either to much or not enough. Please help!

Masoniac said:
Have started my reef tank 3 months ago I have some zoa's and a pulsing Xenia. I can't seem to get the flow in my tank right it's either to much or not enough. Please help!

We've had our 6 gallon for 8 months now. We have yet to keep any alive. Different species require different flow and lighting...which is kinda hard to do in a small tank. We decided to wait until we are ready for a 30 gallon tank. Something tells me they'll fair better in a larger tank. Good luck to you...and I wanted you to know that I didn't want what happened to us...happen to you!!! :)

coralAnn said:
We've had our 6 gallon for 8 months now. We have yet to keep any alive. Different species require different flow and lighting...which is kinda hard to do in a small tank. We decided to wait until we are ready for a 30 gallon tank. Something tells me they'll fair better in a larger tank. Good luck to you...and I wanted you to know that I didn't want what happened to us...happen to you!!! :)

I haves larger tank I was just wanting to have a nano i love how they look just wanted to know if there was any small power headed out their

Zoas and xenia really don't need much flow. The filter if their is one will probably provide enough flow.

bigben2057 said:
Zoas and xenia really don't need much flow. The filter if their is one will probably provide enough flow.

I was told they need to be in a high flow area. I'll keep me power head off and see how it does then

Back
Top Bottom